Town Planner is the Head of this wing. The planning wing is headed by Town Planner supported by Deputy Town Planner, Assistant TownPlanner, Overseers, Draftsmen and Apprentice trainees.. Development plans and detailed Town planning schemes are prepared under the provisions of the Travancore Town planning Act 1108 (1933 A.D) The intention to prepare a scheme for a particular area is published as per section 7 of the Town Planning Act. The Town Planning Department have been requested to prepare the scheme on behalf of Trivandrum Development Authority.
Planning wing mainly focous on
- Providing basic infrastructure improvements in TRIDA area.
- Preparation and implementation of land re-adjustment or land pooling or land banking schemes for the purpose of implementation of projects in the Development Authority area
- Promoting planned development as envisaged in the Plans for the development authority area, through tools like Transfer of Development Rights, accommodation reservation etc.;
- Set-up special function agencies, if required, and guide, direct and assist them on matters pertaining to their respective functions;
- Co-ordination of implementation of Plans under Town planning Act in the Development Authority area;
- Perform such other functions as are supplemental, incidental or consequential to items above or as may be directed by the Government, the District Planning Committee or the Metropolitan Planning Committee, as the case may be, from time to time